Search This Blog

2.18.2012

Ipad 101

I just got an iPad and find myself unable to put it down. As an Android fan from Day 1, I never expected to get so hooked on an Apple product! I have spent five days with my new toy and simultaneously am more productive while the life is getting sucked right out of me from lack of sleep and sunlight (I am assured this is temporary).

Conclusion? iPads are a Really Good Idea.

So far, I have played games, created a budget that syncs with my bank accounts, loaded all my favorite media, and resumed blogging. Not too bad for only five days. I figured by the time spring officially hits in Wisconsin, I may have taken over Canada.

Favorite apps to date:
-Evernote: Should never require explanation
-Ticket to Ride: An online board game and likely the main reason I got an iPad!
-Mint.com: The dreaded budget made easy!
-Google Currents: Yes, this google girl at heart will still use their products! Currents is an online magazine/RSS reader
-Google Music: Since all my music is in their cloud, there is no reason for me to switch it over to iCloud. But I have iCloud too!
-CloudOn: Can never have too many clouds. This one displays and allows me to edit Microsoft documents via Dropbox. Perfect for using Apple with a PC.
-Words With Friends and now Scramble with Friends. Need more friends....
-NPR Music: I haven't had much time with this one, but the UI is amazing and I can't wait to dive in!
-And of course, BlogPress.

Since this is my first post on the iPad, it's only fitting I should post my first picture taken with it.



Those are "cookie balls" before I gobbled them up at work.

ALMOND COCONUT CHEWY COOKIES

1 1/2 cups soft Medjool dates, pitted (pack them down in the measuring cup)
1 cup raw almonds, processed into chunks or chopped
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
2T brown rice syrup
2T Chia
2T Flax

If using a food processor, process almonds first, then add the rest of the ingredients. Continue to process until chunky and batter sticks together easily.

Form into round balls. Store in refrigerator. Good luck keeping them around long.

Here's to another round of blogging by yours truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment